View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 10:12 AM

So I'm now north of 100 hours and I'm a little relieved that the punchy bass that I've heard the Maestros produce elsewhere is starting to come in along with the subterranean bass (I'm guessing my neighbors are not happy).

The treble and the midrange are a little up and down but these are, relatively speaking, minor changes compared to the changes to the bass - not sure there will be a significant change in performance of these aspects of the speakers as break in continues (not that I'm complaining about the performance to date).

Based on what I've read, these speakers will take a while to break in (not less than 500 hours), so it'll probably be some time before I can fairly pass judgment.

Given the size of the Maestros, they aren't visually overpowering the room as I had feared (I think the tapered design and down-angled top along with the black color really help with this) - my wife doesn't mind them since to her they only look slightly larger than the Scalas from the couch (I think the vastly improved midrange performance sold her on the Maestros right off the bat so she's not inclined to complain about them anyway).