View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 11:22 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
I recently had the MSB Reference Dac in my system for a few days. It was equipped with the Femto 33 clock and I hooked up directly to the amps bypassing the Nagra classic pre which I love. This was the best my system has ever sounded. I wanted to go through the pre to compare but couldn't get it done without rearranging the entire system. MSB is SOTA in terms of DAC performance and is a modular design making it a safer investment in an environment where digital moves pretty fast. I have not heard the analog DAC but have read positive reviews from many people. I scared to hear the Select II.

I was only told this and never experienced the sound when ran direct to the amp but everyone I have come in contact with that runs MSB says this.

At the time, my dealer was trying to convince me not to buy the preamp from him I currently own and go with the MSB reference, and would lend it to me but it was a like another 10K dollars more at that point, plus a large group of people, some from here, said go with the preamp.

On my list at some point this year are:

MSB
Nyquist
DCS