Thread: Sopra N°3
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 10:25 AM

Default Couldn't Agree More

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakegt3 View Post
I would never, ever buy a speaker based only on a magazine review, no matter how positive the review. Is there ever such a thing as a bad review?

I can't begin to tell you how many times I've read a rave review of a high-priced speaker, only to be very disappointed when I auditioned the speaker at a dealer. I have learned to trust my own ears far more than any magazine review.
In my search for new speakers, I auditioned several excellent models, though excellent, were not "my cup of tea" so to speak. I think we all hear differently
and though one person might rave about a such-and-such speaker, it might not sound good to another. One thing about some opinions we might read, some people feel that what sounds good to them is "right", and if you don't agree with their opinions, your choices are "wrong".
McIntosh C2500 pre amp, MC452 power amp, Autonomic MMS-5A server, PS Audio P15 power plant, DirectStream DAC, DirectStream CD transport, Focal Sopra No2 speakers, JL Audio F113V2 sub woofers (2), Sennheiser HD800 headphones, Dell laptop iTunes/Tidal/Roon, Wireworld cabling