View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 09:13 AM

Hi Ian,

Keep me posted on the Telefunkens in the Lamm amps. I generally like them the best of any NOS tube.

I don't experience the treble in my Sashas as harsh or metallic. Maybe it my hearing, source material or differences in our rooms? Also, do you have the speaker firing directly at you or are they slightly toed out? Mine are slightly toed out such that they hit a point about 3-4 feet behind my head.

I am using Cardas Golden Reference speaker wires and interconnects, which may have an impact on taming the treble. They are generally smooth sounding cables.

In the Tron, I have Telefunken 12ax7 smooth plates and a Telefunken 12au7. That 12au7 really made a big difference in focusing images, bringing out all the micro details, while giving the midrange a nice sweet quality.

Keep me posted,

Dave
SF Stradivari, Aric Audio Motherlode XL preamp and Super KT Parallel amps; Pass XP 27, Raven One TT, Graham Phantom II arm, Lyra Etna Lamda, Airtight PC1, Bryston 3.14 DAC, Transparent Reference & Wireworld, dedicated treated room 17 X 34 X 9