View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiHippie View Post
Kennyb123, thanks for the input on the configuration on the etherregen. In my situation I don’t have the option to run a fiber optic cable the the etherregen.

I am running a 100 foot cat6 Ethernet from my router downstairs to my etherregen which is upstairs in our media room. I have the cat6 Ethernet going in to side a. I also have a SR Venom Ethernet with plastic connector on side a going to my Mcintosh mad 170 theater processor for a aiP address to communicate to my iPad to use it as remote control.

I need to get one more Ethernet cable foe my AppleTV+ 4k which will have to go out of the a side of the etherregen. I would assume that the best choice would be a Venom due to its plastic connectors? I would prefer a Alpha or Sigma but the use a metal connector. What are you thoughts?

On the b side of the etherrregen I am using a Omega Ethernet to my Roon nucleus+ and from the Roon a Omega USB to McIntosh C53 preamp which is my
endpoint.

Hope this clears up how I am using the etherregen in system. As always thanks for you input.

May I suggest using a RJ45->SFP device @your router downstairs? Then pull up an LC ODM4 fiber upstairs. It's much easier and lighter to pull through than cat7 cable.

Then use an Alpha/Sigma/Omega to your ATV4K depending on if it's a primary critical source or not. Do not worry about the plastic connector discussion with Shunyata ethernet cables. Go for the best in your application.

https://www.sonore.us/opticalModule-Deluxe.html

Finisar SFP and cable is available on the site as well.

Last edited by crion2; 04-05-2021 at 04:03 AM.