View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
Uptone’s caution about metal connectors pertains only to the case when the shield is connected at both ends, as this will allow leakage current to pass. This isn’t an issue with Shunyata Ethernet cables. I use a Sigma from the B side to my streamer. Fiber runs to the A side.
Kennyb123, thanks for the input on the configuration on the etherregen. In my situation I don’t have the option to run a fiber optic cable the the etherregen.

I am running a 100 foot cat6 Ethernet from my router downstairs to my etherregen which is upstairs in our media room. I have the cat6 Ethernet going in to side a. I also have a SR Venom Ethernet with plastic connector on side a going to my Mcintosh mad 170 theater processor for a aiP address to communicate to my iPad to use it as remote control.

I need to get one more Ethernet cable foe my AppleTV+ 4k which will have to go out of the a side of the etherregen. I would assume that the best choice would be a Venom due to its plastic connectors? I would prefer a Alpha or Sigma but the use a metal connector. What are you thoughts?

On the b side of the etherrregen I am using a Omega Ethernet to my Roon nucleus+ and from the Roon a Omega USB to McIntosh C53 preamp which is my
endpoint.

Hope this clears up how I am using the etherregen in system. As always thanks for you input.