View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 02:30 PM

I sent my DAC-2 DSDse in to be upgraded to a DAC-2v2SE and turn around was very fast. I think it was a couple of days. I received it last night. I listened to it for a few hours last night.

It seems that even though it was an upgrade, I still have to go through the recommended 200 hour burn in. The bass is exaggerated and some of the mids are bit recessed and there is a spittiness (please replace with appropriate word) to female voices.

On the positive side, there seems to be more clarity to instruments and sounds seem to linger longer such as piano cords, etc. The decay of instruments seems to be more natural instead of just quickly going to silence.

Once I get a chance to break the DAC in, I will post more impressions because I think it is unfair to talk about the sound right now.

Added Feb 24th:

I just want to add that I want to thank Wyred 4 Sound for their great products which can actually be upgraded! There are a number of audio products out there touting that they are future proof, etc. However, many of them have never had an upgrade at least not to the extent that Wyred 4 Sound has upgraded the DAC-2 to DAC-2 DSD to DAC-2 DSDse and now to DAC-2v2SE. I think Wyred 4 Sound should get a lot of praise for this.

Last edited by birdland; 02-24-2017 at 09:05 PM.