View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Cool, calm scientist

I have three WW power cords and they quite flexible and easy to dress; I use them in "non-mission critical" applications, e.g. for powering home theatre gear, TVs, blu-ray players as they provide good performance. They are a good-sounding PC which also have beautiful quality connectors and plugs. For mission-critical two-channel playback where sound quality is paramount, I use a Shunyata PCs (mostly Black Mambas and one Venom3), which in my experience, outperform the WW cords sonically. But the Shunyatas are quite a bit stiffer and MUCH harder to dress and snake through racks than the WW PCs, and can be an absolute bitch to work with at times, depending on the orientation of the plug to the IEC socket connector. They are also heavy and tend to pull on the IEC sockets more, which can be a problem if the component is higher up in the rack. But they really do sound fab, IMHO.

Regarding the IC's I have the Equinox 6 ICs which I think VERY highly of; they are reasonably flexible, but nowhere near as flexible and thin as my Zu Mission ICs. The WW Equinox 6s have beautiful, silver plated connectors, also. All in all, a KILLER IC for the money; one of my absolute faves.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 12-12-2011 at 07:11 PM.