View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
I can listen to My Sonus Fabers practically forever. Whether movies or music I never felt the need to turn it off, even after a long Game of Thrones or Stranger Things marathon.

My living room has 5 in ceiling Jamo speakers. I thought they were aluminum but after looking them up they're probably titanium. These speakers are 18 years old that came with the housem the new Jamo in a similar package comes with titanium. I watch a lot of cable news in this setting. After a half hour I'd rather turn it off whether it's music or TV.

I have Paradigm CT2 Millenia speakers connected to my PC with aluminum dome and an aluminum cone. Lately I don't want to listen past 5 minutes. They sound great, crystal clear, awesome bass for something so compact. These sound so much better than the Bose companion 5 speakers they replaced, I just don't last long.

I had Bose Companion 5, I don't know what they're made of. I can go an hour easy, but after that and I prefer silence. The vocals are so muddy and I think my brain would get confused trying to process the sound like PHC1 mentions.

My sonus Faber really spoiled me. After I got spoiled listening to these all the time. It literally pains me to hear anything else. I'm still trying to figure things out though.
I didn't realize you were talking about the lower end speakers with metal domes. I tend to stay away from those all together. Nothing worse than a cheap metal dome tweeter. Soft/silk dome is the way to go with the lower end speakers for sure.