View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 07:27 PM
Go Dawgs

I think it's fairly simple, the vast majority of listeners listen to stuff on ear buds, phones, crappy car stereos and crappy to mediocre headphones. We are such a tiny minority it's not even funny. While some artists may or may not care, I would assume that when they go into a studio, they want their stuff to sound decent and what they "envision", but they couldn't give a crap what it sounds like on a $30,000 pair of Sonus Fabers if they're even aware that stuff exists. The artists that KNOW that audiophiles buy and enjoy their music do better, I wouldn't think that's a coincidence..Joe Bonamassa, Holly Cole, Peter Gabriel, Norah Jones, Patricia Barber, Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler come to mind just to name a few.
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3