View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 08:38 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdcuba View Post
Thanks. I have the Sony XDR-F1HD on order from an Amazon seller.
There are any number of things that don't work for the best with the XDR-F1HD. Mike Williams, who is Punker X on the AK forum, once had a website for his tuner work (couldn't find it) offers several levels of mods to make it easier to use as well as to enhance it sonics and reception performance. You can reach him through a PM on the AK forum or possibly through the TIC Tuner Information Center - Vintage Stereo Tuners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maks View Post
I think the Sony that Dan mentioned is the only standalone HD tuner other than the MR88, pending whatever MD will release. I don't know that there is any one perfect tuner today, but there are plenty of options available to meet various needs.
There are a couple of others, though I'm not much good as I don't recall the names. Don't expect many more as HD is pretty much 'dead in the water'.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 01-27-2015 at 11:51 AM.