View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 12:27 PM

Midrange and treble require substantial power to be driven cleanly.

In addition, I learned many years ago that Wilson understands more about subs than other manufacturers and most audiophiles. Wilson designs their mains to be driven full range.

If you desire to get the best out of a SabrinaX, first you must have a tube amp (I suggest a Mac 1502) of 150 watts or a SS amp really of 400 watts per channel (I suggest a Mac 452). Personally, I'd go with a Mac 452.

This will provide SabrinaX the power to open up and interface with the Watchdog sub or subs using the new Wilson electronic crossover, and properly drive the mids and treble.

There is nothing wrong to first using a mono sub and then adding another sub down the road, if funds are a problem.

The Watchdog uses the same 12" driver used in the Master Subsonic. It is built of X material. It is an amazing sub designed exactly for the SabrinaX.

Wilson learned long ago that contrary to intuition, running the sub using only the LP is best. Running the main full range is best. Wilson speakers are incredibly rugged and difficult to over load.

This is the fun of highend audio. Having a plan for improvement and Wilson's though expensive allow for an upgrade path that while expensive is not redundant.

I believe I can say with confidence that there is no sub on the market that will come close to matching a Watchdog system for SabrinaX.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 10-13-2021 at 12:32 AM.