View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
all2Ears, I certainly believe that a subwoofer can improve your sound. However, I believe a Mac 1502 the minimum tube amp for the SabrinaX. I do not believe a Mac 275 adequate to get the best out of the speaker. It's sensitivity is rated at 87 dB. If played loudly I think the SabrinaX would easily clip a Mac 275. I think you need a clean 150 watts of tube or 300 watts of SS to adequately drive this speaker. Before I bought a sub I would adequately power the speaker. But I know you don't need me to tell you this. Good luck on your purchase.

Best

Charles
Hi Charles,

It would take an awful lot for the MC275 to clip in the OP's room.

But staying on the subwoofer question--won't adding an active sub with, say, 1,000 watts supporting the low end, take a huge load off the power amp? If yes, doesn't that change your answer on the MC275? I ask because I don't think there is any amount of power that will bring strong bass to the Sabrinas (even glowing reviews acknowledge this)