View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 10:52 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio bill View Post
Dan - In no way am I questioning your first hand experience with the N10. From what I've read Roon is working on adding MQA Core decoding but in the meantime they are similarly limited to 48kHz playback of MQA files as you're seeing with your Aurender N10. I also saw an Aurender dealer stating that Aurender is considering adding MQA Core decoding to the N10 but they are in the feasibility phase. The Lumin U1 will have it soon and other Lumin players now have full MQA decoding or can provide MQA Core decoding and output via coaxial digital output to an external MQA rendering DAC for full MQA decoding. Hope this helps to clarify MQA decoding status a bit but it certainly isn't very straightforward! The article in Computer Audiophile which I previously linked to is the most detailed explanation of MQA I've found.
Bill.......I did not think you were challenging anything I said. I am only reporting what is happening with my Aurender N10 when I play MQA Master files while stream from Tidal. I don't understand any of what may be allowing me to achieve 24Bit/48KHz playback but I am pleased to see it happening. Does it sound better than the same albums streamed from 16Bit/44.1KHz files? Not enough that I can be confident of any perceived improvement. My point is that some kind of MQA unfolding is happening, either in the Tidal software or the N10, to allow a 24Bit/48KHz file to play when I select an MQA Master file on Tidal. Beyond that I am clueless and not truly interested enough in MQA to dig any deeper, let alone wade through the Computer Audiophile article. I am extremely pleased with the Aurender N10 and the sound in delivers with my sound system sans MQA. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me which way that cookie crumbles.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 08-12-2017 at 11:25 PM.