View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
Sounds good. I read your thread start to finish and really appreciated your journey. I really would have loved to hear what you thought about an A/B comparison with the C50-C48/ vs. the C2300. If I preamp, it will likely be one of either of those (I too am philosophically wired for solid state. I detest anything that infers some level of maintenance).

If you have more info on the C48 "sound" vs. the C2300 sound, I would welcome your experience.

Also, if you ever retreat from the C2300, I may be interested in buying one...
Knowing me, I'm still not beyond a change, even now. But so far so good. I haven't played many records lately, and the (relatively) new Grado cartridge needs some break-in, as I understand it.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks