View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Serge.......
Your seemingly agnostic approach that nothing is known of anything beyond material phenomena strikes me in several dissimilar ways, one being that I have read many of your words that support the differences many people hear with cables.

I also read many of your words where you do your best to convince others that you now seem convinced there is little to no difference in cables and that those who do experience a difference are essentially being duped by external propaganda.

I occasionally think you might simply be playing devil's advocate for the sake of creating a rise and enjoying the conflicts that follow. At the very least whatever controversy being advanced by your posts, even the ones I disagree with, they are generally always entertaining. I'll give you that.
Dan, as I have already mentioned in response to Ivan, I found the golden middle ground works for me. So whatever posts you may be referring to, may have been due to my own internal skepticism but unwillingness to let the idea go that cables may actually make a difference. If I haven't myself experimented with cables over the 30 plus years, I would have been sitting squarely in one camp or the other. Alas, I find myself a skeptic but not willing to use a lamp cord in my system either.

I do remain agnostic, I can neither disprove nor prove the advantage of Uber cables. What my imagination or ears tell me I may be hearing because I "expect" to hear something different is also not exactly proof of anything unfortunately. So all we are left with is, believe in what you want to believe when it comes to cables.

As far as getting a rise out of our members, that is not my intention although I do understand that perhaps English being my second language and some cultural differences, it may very well come across that way. If that is the case, my apologies as that is not my intention. I would hate to think that members get a serious rise out of a cable discussion. That would just be sad!

Not for nothing but I think my posts often do inspire some "deeper" thinking into the subject at hand? As long as things remain civil and with respect towards one another, I think it adds an element of interest at the expense of occasional ruffled feathers when our views oppose each other. At the end of the day, I love to hear other folks opinions on each and every subject we cover at AA and that's what makes this forum great.

Last edited by PHC1; 07-13-2019 at 01:08 PM.