View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beet Farmer View Post
There is a comparison done at SoundStage Simplifi in an article by Gordon Brockhouse called "High Res Streaming: Tidal VS. Qobuz" with included MQA discussion vs Flac on the two types of streaming services.
Google the words: "High Res Streaming: Tidal VS. Qobuz" and the article (at least in my browser is the fifth one down the list.
(Sorry I cannot post a link, per rules)
Very interesting and detailed actual comparison from an interested And to my eyes unbiased, user.
No discussion comparing DSD though. (I have to say my Marantz SA-10 does wonderful job on CD to DSD decoding)

I found this via a post from James Tanner of Bryston. So credit is his.

As for where I get music? I have stopped buying music, and am actually culling my LP and CD collections. Weeding the junk out.
Sadly I am a creature of habit. I LIKE the stuff I have, and really do not seek out new music at all at this time. MY last big enlargement of my musical sphere was late 1990's when I finally became interested in Jazz (all due to The DVD series Ken Burns Jazz) and I acquired thousands of albums in both CD an LP format. Almost all locally from a really great used record store
Thank you for the link very interesting.