Thread: 20.7 vs ...
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timm View Post
Hi all. I dont know how many times I have typed that in google to try to get more input on the 20.7. I know we have some owners out there and others who have heard them. So I am hoping I can help other addicts as myself that search for info on a speaker that is difficult to demo. Given the price tag there are some very good competitors in the 15k ballpark. If folks might chime in with the speakers they compared to the 20.7 and impressions of those comparisons (ie 20.7 vs...) -it would be very much appreciated. Thanks Tim.
Today, it is difficult to find a bad speaker. There are many great speakers. There are a few that are also incredible values. All of the Magneplanars must be at the top of that list. They are not perfect - no speaker is. But if you have the room and the amplifier to drive them, the 20.7s are difficult to beat at twice their cost. They are also the only Maggie model that I didn't feel could benefit from a sub-woofer. Good thing since mating a sub to it is not an easy task. There are some speakers that may have some performance aspects that may be better. And there is one speaker that I prefer overall but It is more expensive and quite different than the Maggie and not superior in all respects.

Speaker list:
KEF Blade, KEF 50, Focal Diablo, Ayon Falcon, Quad 57, Quad 2905, Martin Logan Sequel, Wilson WITT, Wilson Maxx II, Wilson Sasha, Devore 0/96, Wave 40, Mag 1.7 and others if we go back further in time.