View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkats View Post
Cleeds, Many, many thanks for sending me the wiring schematic ... the wiring diagram is essential because there are a couple of places within the system where positive gets wired to negative, and visa versa. It's counter intuitive, and that's what happened to get me backward before. When I took a woofer out to refoam then replaced it, putting red to positive ended up being incorrect in one instance, and then I was out of phase and backward ...
Great! I am glad that this worked out for you! I agree that reinstalling the woofers after refoaming is a tricky process and not at all intuitive. That is why I am careful before even removing a woofer to ensure that the identifying tag on each woofer lead wire is in place. Over the years, they tend to fall off and I've made my own to replace them. I find the woofer foam lasts about 10 years, so I've refoamed a few times since the system was new.
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.