View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 05:33 PM

Even though the sound most likely will evolve over the following week I made a small test with the microphone I use when calibrating my woofers (Velodyne DD10).

I wanted to see what happens in the lower Hz if I was to adjust my listening position a feet forward or backwards. This is what it looks like If I move it 50 cm further away from the speakers.

Not a nice curve. So back to my original position. Ignore the EQ settings here as they are connected to the subs and not the front speakers.

And if I moved another foot forward the raise of the curve came later.

I also swapped the speakers (left and right) but In my room it made no difference to the curve if the bass reflex was pointing inwards to the center of the room or outwards to the side walls. In my case I have about 8 feet to the side walls.

But what made a difference was if I pushed the speakers closer to the front wall. The optimum position seems to be with the baffel apx. 80 cm from the wall. But when pushing it back so it was only 50 cm, this was the result.

And finally the result when integrating the Olympica to my HT system and here I am taking full advantage of the parametric EQ of the Velodynes.