View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 05:24 PM

Yes, I did!...My speakers have powered woofers, so I'm really just driving the mid range and tweeters....the E650 seems plenty powerful , as volume and clarity at high levels aren't an issue . Previous amp was a Pass Labs 30 W Class A, and it never seemed to break a sweat , and I like my music very loud at times.
The opinions of those on this site as to the sound quality of these amps played a big part in my decision. Far more experienced than I , and you have to trust their ears in my opinion.
I must say it sounds very good so far. The harshness I was experiencing sometimes on the high frequencies is gone , and that's the main goal I had. As well, the clarity of the sound is superb, and it's gotten better in the 2 days it's been running. Think it will be a long term love affair!...))..Of course, should better cables rear their ugly head, who knows...as of now , I must say I'm very content.