View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 05:13 PM

Forgive the late response. I have, I believe, a KGST. I went to Iceland about 3 or 4 years ago for sight-seeing and the idea that we may actually meet. It turns out we did, and I got to hear his system and his many amps and headphone combinations. I bought the amp from him, basically with my unspent vacation money; he then had to configure the voltage and ship it to my house. Since I am hardly ever home, I think I spent an hour at most listening with the older SR-009's, HE 60's, original Omegas, and 507's. It sounded great, but I had nothing to compare it to, and the tubes were certainly not burned in properly. I hope to get it out here on my next trip home.

My SOTA is an original Star Sapphire that a friend (actually more of a mentor and my dad's collegiate best friend) are working to restore and improve as a joint project.

Cheers.

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.