Thread: My Home Theater
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Wilson Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Deb.......This is exciting. Looking forward to following the progress, seeing photos, and reading your review of the finished theater. It is a serious challenge, but you are right, it is a ton of fun. Congratulations.
It is a serious challenge. We first started thinking and designing the room when we bought this house 2 1/2 years ago. We finished the rest of the basement first (1500 sq ft: 3 bedrooms, bathroom, office, equipment room for our future theater room, and linen closet... and yes we did 95% ourselves!!) so our girls could have their own rooms.

We had the plan for the room finalized before the beginning of this year, and deconstruction of the existing room and construction of what is now the theater room started the beginning of Jan.

The room is 19 1/2 x 13 1/2. It has a full maple bar with granite countertops, maple cabinets, and the doors to the equipment is maple as well (still need to get the glass inserts for them). Rope lighting around the ceiling as well. All that is left is carpet which I just found out will be installed on Friday!

My project before Friday is going to be putting the spades and connectors on the Transparent cabling that is run through out the room!