View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 05:09 PM

Hi there. I am newly registered but I have been following this forum for a long time.

I have a question about the Olympica 3's net weight: is it still 44kg/97lbs per loudspeaker?

I am wondering because on the new Sonus faber's website, it is said to be 36kg/79.3lbs. I directly asked them, telling them that on the official documents (owner's manual, commercial leaflets, etc.) it has been 44kg/97lbs since their 2013 official introduction and release. I thought it might be a mistake on the new website. They answered me that they "have verified with their warehouse and the correct weight is 36kg/79.3." They then apologized for "the typing mistake in the owner's manual" (their words).

I have to confess that I am puzzled now. Would it mean that the loudpseaker weighs 36kg/79.3lbs and the metal base (with the feet) weighs 8kg/17.6lbs?

Or would it mean that the components in the loudpspeaker have been changed to reduce the Olympica 3's weight? (which I highly doubt. Otherwise we and the press would have already been told by Sonus faber).

I also highly doubt that Sonus faber would have made a mistake about Olympica 3's weight on their website and in their official documents since 2013 without ever noticing it (the Olympica line was essential in 2013 since it replaced the Cremona line and was a new work from the Tezzon/Cucuzza team).

So where is the truth?

Last edited by Bacchus; 04-23-2018 at 06:22 AM.