View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Life is beautiful

After a nice meal (smoked fish - chocolate tart) - Liesbeth, you a fine hostess! - we continued with Jacques' music.
I didn't take notes, but he surprised with this disc, that I just purchased:

Just like I like it: acoustic, simple, no tricks.
Fantastic!

And then it was time to experience what a couple of 100 Watts (or closer to 1000?!) can do.
Jacques will surely chime in with more details about the albums, but I could feel his eclectic choice of tracks!
Visceral impact and slam, literally.
Our system at home can do a lot but 48 Watts of class A tube power simply cannot move so much air as Jacques'.

We had a mighty fine evening.
Thank you for that Jacques and Liesbeth!

Jacques, I think that, once the necessary funds will be available, you don't have to look further, your system will be 'complete' with this DAC (with built in volume control and maybe also one or two analogue inputs, like you told me this was in the pipeline).
Then invest a couple of euros (the price of one premium interconnect!) in the mandatory room treatment and you'll be 'done'.
Yes, I put quotation marks, because we all know what 'complete' and 'done' means for an audiophile.
Like I told you, I could easily live with these 3 marvels from Analog Domain, and not look back. Very easily.
But you'd have to allow me to stay with my Vivid Audios...
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables

Last edited by bart; 07-02-2017 at 01:52 PM.