View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 11:51 AM

I've had a P5 for years, works consistently but it did replace a PPP which went out on me - was returning for repair when PSA offered me a good replacement deal with a P5. The PPP itself was what I traded up to from the original curvy regenerator they released back in the late 90s. Generally, I think the P-series are solid but I've found the P5 to be a bit limiting when used with mymonoblocks, so I'd say go for the P10 if that's the plan.

I've had a lot of PS Audio gear over the years, and still use the PWT/PWDII digital front-end which has been super-reliable for years. OTOH, I did have quite a few difficulties with their gain cell preamp they sold a few years back. That had to be returned twice --somehow, that sticks in my mind when I think about the new BHK amps and the effort that would be involved in returning one of those monsters! As others have noted, the company are really very customer-centric and even when I was having problems, I found them to be really helpful and easy to deal with throughout the repair process.