View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 04:31 PM
Chief Toneologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbyte View Post
Alberto your YouTube video sold me on mcintosh some years ago. I am still a mcintosh guy but always get that itch to switch. I guess I should stay where I am comfortable ie. McIntosh.

Other option is mcintosh integrated amp like the new 6700 or 7900.
There was another AA thread from someone auditioning Parasound and deciding that it was not The Right Sound for them. Then, reluctantly at the salesperson's suggestion they listened to a McIntosh system and bought it.

I've listened to a few Parasound components in stores. They look and sound great. Top notch design, high-quality components, great specs, etc. But you have to like their "house sound" which is quite different from McIntosh. If you like that sonic signature, from everything I read, Parasound is one the best companies out there.

Quote:
Other option is mcintosh integrated amp like the new 6700 or 7900.
Again, what's your sonic objective? Or you just want to simplify life with an integrated amp (totally understandable.) In that case an integrated McIntosh (as long as it uses autoformers) it's going to be in the same sonic ballpark. Although newer models sound less "romantic" and more "modern/analytical" to my ear.

Alberto