View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
Thank you. I'm absolutely no expert on cables, but I know tiny bit how it works in my system. But you know, every time you change something in your system you can make new adjustments here and there, speaker placement and so on. Though, I don't do that all the time so therefore everything is a bit of a guess how it will turn out. There is always something to get better and better all the time, it's very interesting, but it's a hobby and the music is the essential goal.

Quote (Charles):
"I see that you agree that the cable going to the sub while very important is less important that the mids/highs cables. The Wind is definitely equal to my other cables so little would be gained. I think if I had your Krells that need so much more current than my 1.25KW's and with no current bank but relying totally on the current from the wall, your use of the Furutech's becomes much more important."

This is a good point. I never really thought of in that way. Krell is probably more dependent on fast current delivery from the wall. It's probably very true.
It' suits my plan to change the cable (just a bit better than standard) from the fusebox to the wall socket to a much better one.
I'v already changed the fuse in the fuse box to a high-end fuse.
Carl, I'm glad you agree about the wall sockets. I use 20 amp circuit breakers, one for each 20 amp line, number ten copper wire, and then a very high quality one socket hospital grade wall socket. The connection is very tight. My position/belief is that if the Niagara can create an instantaneous 90 amp current reservoir for each 1.25KW from a wall current this good, I probably should leave well enough alone. It's one thing to experiment with cables etc. You can easily do that. But it would take a significant effort to replace these very high quality sockets with higher quality ones, which would cause the Niagara's less stress but would this decrease in stress be audible? In your case, no question and I would have the Furutech's installed or their Edison equivalents immediately. I had a discussion with my friend at AQ about this very issue because I was ready to do this at the time the new power conditioner were installed. He said the Edison's weren't needed. But I still wish I'd had it done. The dealer was in the house. They are well qualified. Alas, I didn't do it. Wish I had.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 12-02-2020 at 02:54 PM.