View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 12:36 AM

Angry

***Update***

I believe the issue was with my Seagate 5TB external HDD. See Jesse's response to me below.

Hello Paul

"This is an unusual problem and I’ve requested some more information from the engineers about this. Since it is the weekend in Korea, it may take a couple of days before I hear back from them. In the meantime, would it be possible to cancel the copy and try transferring some of the content (not all, but enough to be a lot) and see if it still works slowly?

I’ve never seen this happen before so it also may help to know the make and model of the USB hard disk you are using and also the file system on the disk.

Further, if the USB disk works with or without a power supply, have you tried it with or without the power supply to see if there is any change?"

Best Regards,

Jesse

So before I responded I thought maybe it is my USB HDD so I went to the bullpen and brought in my OWC backup HDD.

Well all I can say is with the Seagate HDD in about 8 hours I transferred only 28GB of music. With the OWC HDD I'm currently at 30GB in about 15 minuets.

Not sure why this would be an issue with my Seagate HDD but all I can say is that because of Aurender's excellent customer service I am on my way.

P.S.

Jesse's email to me was on Saturday 9:32AM Korea time. Not bad customer service.

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.