View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Ed.......Congratulations on putting FM radio back into your system. It is a wonderful source component that many choose to ignore. Too bad for them. FM radio is entertaining, spontaneous, and just plain fun to go looking for new music and distant stations. Don't overlook the AM band on your MR85. Install that external RAA1 AM antenna up in the attic. There's a lot of cool stuff on AM, and at night you can pull in stations from all around the country. A sound system without a tuner is incomplete in my opinion.

Glad to hear the Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna is doing its job well. Installing it in the attic at that elevation definitely improves it's ability to receive signals. My ST-2 is mounted at 28 feet from the ground to the bottom of the antenna on a second story eave outside. Even in this rural north Florida location and acres of oak and pine all around my home, the ST-2 does an excellent job with my McIntosh MR88 tuner.

Honestly, I didn't give AM a second thought. I have NO idea what AM stations have to offer. But, It will not take much more than a half hour to set it up and give it a try. Heck, I may be pleasantly surprised.
Ed
2 Channel - Esoteric KO3, VPI Classic, C2300, MS300, MEN220, Bryston 7b SST, B&W 802D, JL F113 (2), MDA 1000, Olive 4HD, Sonos w/Remedy, WW Silver Eclipse ICs , Stillpoints Ultra mini, MR85 tuner, Aurender A10 server

Headphone listening
- Audeze LCD3 with Moon Audio Black Dragon Balanced cables, Sennheiser HD650, WW silver Eclipse Nano cable, Bryston BHA-1 amp

HT -
MX135, OPPO 103D, B&W CDM7, B&W center, Sony 65" LCD