View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Randy.......That is a good post. You are correct that many components are often the worst enemies of other components in the same rack, introducing high frequency noise back into other components using the same circuit(s). One of the benefits of a well designed power conditioner is isolated receptacles that feed different components. This isn't the panacea of pure power but is an advantage over other types of power conditioning designs. One of the features that appeals to me with active AC regeneration is the ability of some to perform voltage regulation. If there is an under voltage or over voltage condition, an AC regenerator that regulates the output voltage can maintain a steady 120 volts even when there are voltage sags or peaks. In my particular case the power to my home comes from a dedicated utility transformer. It powers my home and is not shared with any other homes. That's a good thing for low noise but the transformer has a high 124 volt output measured at my wall outlets. My PS Audio Power Plant Premier's reduce this voltage to 120 volts for my components as measured at the PPP rear panel outlets. It would do the same thing if the voltage was low by up to 5% without difficulty. So for me, active AC regeneration provides a cleaner sine wave output plus a regulated voltage level. The latter is something a typical passive transformer based power conditioner cannot do.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 05-05-2015 at 07:32 PM.