View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Member #1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Victor,
How is the web interface with the SooLoos? I really like the GUI but having to get up and walk across the room to use the touchscreen defeats its effectiveness. How are you handling this?
Jim
The iPad and PC web interface is just so-so. It's a little better than the Olive web interface but not much better. With the Sooloos iPad interface you can easily view and create play lists and see what is currently playing but you can't view the cool meta data features like reviews, credits, track/CD ratings...

My "sweet spot" listening position is the left seat of my couch in my listening room. This spot is close to the middle of a 26'x19' room, the right side of the couch is close to the corner. Initially I setup the Control 10 touch screen on a table next to my main listening position, with this setup obviously the Control 10 is in easy reach. With this setup I felt a little crowded by the big Control 10 screen (and it makes a little heat and just a faint transformer noise). So, I decided to put the Control 10 on a table at the right side of the couch. This new spot for the Control 10 kind of hides it in the corner but the seating position on the right side of the couch is still over 8 feet from the corner so it still sounds pretty good in that position. If I'm listening in the sweet spot I can easily slide over to the other end of the couch to play with the Control 10 touch screen. If I don't feel like sliding over on the couch I can grab my iPad to control the Sooloos. This is working out pretty good so far. I have the Twinstore in a second bedroom that I'm using for an office, this keeps the hard drives out of my listening room.