View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Member #1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Victor.......Reading about the loading chores returned memories of my MS750 loading. It is time consuming at best, and in your case requires constant watching to ensure the cover art, and meta data are correct. I don't envy the event. There is satisfaction at the end of the tunnel, though. Congratulations on an amazing piece of legendary audio gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80B View Post
Victor,
Thanks for sharing and the well-written account of your setup. You're absolutely doing the right thing with getting the metadata right - just went through the same pain-in-the-*** process with a 70-disc set of Vladimir Horowitz recordings on iTunes/Gracenote. It will pay off over the long run, and at the end of the day there is no rush to have it all done if other, more important things come up (another lesson learned from rushing a different boxed set of classical music on the server).
There's no doubt that loading the music is a huge pain with any server, box sets are the worst! I have a few 2:1 CDs that I have split into 2 different titles, these can be a pain finding pics and info for also.

I know the extra effort now will pay off in the long run but I'm greatly looking forward to the day that I'll be done loading.