View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 11:53 PM

Happy to offer some suggestions - London is a GREAT food town, one of my favourites. In no particular order:

>> Indian: Cinnamon Club (Westminster) - amazing, look it up. Have a drink in the Library first. Benares (Mayfair), and a place in Covent Garden with name that escapes my memory - it's famous, and had a fun tasting menu {edit - since closed}

>> Spanish: Tapas at Barrafinas in SOHO - wait in line, but not to be missed. Then some tunes at Ronnie Scotts or a West End play? Not To Be Missed.

>> Steak/Pies: Griegs in Mayfair - history, sense of place, fine food, classic. As above, Gauchos is fun too, but less 'London'.

>> Pubs: My favourite is The Grenadier near the embassies, and Dog and Duck in SOHO. Very different, look them up. Pints, don't eat there.

>> Chinese: As above, Bashan and sister resto very good near Chinatown. Best for casual Szechuan is No.10 next to Earl's Court. Out of the way and tiny, but great for some authentic Szechuan - highly recommended, not expensive. Note - this is not Cantonese/Dim Sum etc. I would only order Szechuan - Ma Po Tofu, green beans, eggplant, hot pot etc.

>> Continental: tons of high end French and Italian, but for something different I enjoyed a daily special near the Ritz at The Wolseley. Check out the building - spectacular, and as above, not $$$ and worth a trip for lunch or dinner when wandering Piccadilly.

>> Coffee: Definitely hit Princi in SOHO - Naples coffee and pastries - yum for a light breakfast or afternoon break.

These are my favorites - getting hungry just typing this - need to head back this year, it's been a few years and I am in withdrawal.

PS - MAKE SURE TO GO TO BOROUGH MARKET. Look it up, spend a few hours and enjoy!

Cheers

Matt

Last edited by Matt Lan; 03-08-2017 at 12:23 AM.