View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Media Server Aficionado

Lightbulb E aka Vesuvius System

Well, a few weeks ago the system underwent a major upgrade: the addition of XRT1K's (amongst many other things).

To say these speakers are amazing is an understatement. I must have listened to them a hundred times before pulling the trigger, but never did I imagine two things: that I would ever own a pair or that they would sound this good in my room (no acoustic treatment - yet).

The XRT1K's are like Thor's Hammer wrapped in velvet. Precise, punctual, never fatiguing, and immense in sheer strength, even on a measly MC402 (next in the upgrade path). However, the finesse of not just the construction but the sound quality is second to none within its price range. It has the ability of proper playback of nearly any genre you can throw at it, and best of all, when all the lights go out - the speakers literally and figuratively disappear.

To say I am pleased is an understatement. As I close this brief writeup (oh my achin' back and every other body part), a special thank you goes out to all those involved in the advice and acquisition of these speakers, the power behind them, and even the furniture and jumpers on them... you all know who you are, and, as always, are appreciated beyond belief in helping this small audio goal become achieved.

The next post will be pics of the system, the basics are fairly simple: XRT1K's, MC402, MDA1000 all connected with WireWorld. Eclipse 6 speaker cable (biwire), Silver Eclipse 6 jumpers (pictured), Silver Eclipse 5^2 XLR, Silver Electra 5^2 power across the board, an XLS112 (until funds reappear for a pair of... something), and RGPC1200C as the main plug-in box. Dual 20-amp circuits provide power through PS Audio Soloist's (the Ivan deals, of course). Currently only a laptop through the M2Tech HiFace USB is streaming all necessary audio from the server in another room. The TV is the new Samsung 63" C7000 series (service menu'd to 8000 series).

Cheers,

Last edited by Masterlu; 10-09-2012 at 03:20 PM.