View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 06:33 PM

Default Shunyata SIGMA: should I use COAX or AES/EBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwardo View Post
Recently, I upgraded an Anaconda SPDIF coax to a Sigma SPDIF coax from my N10 to the DAC. Very impressed is an understatement. (tho' I do fret why I didn't buy the Sigma XLR digital, but...)
This is an interesting information. Indeed I just bought an Aurender W20 and I look for the best interconect to my DAC (Denafrips Terminator R2R DAC). It looks like the most raved digital cables are Transparent Reference and Shunyata SIGMA ! !

I will be interested to try Shunyata SIGMA, but... should I use COAX or AES/EBU ? with my Aurender W20 ? Can you tell us why did you choosed Coax ? did you compared AES and Coax out of the Aurender ?

thanks

PS: I am not too fan of this strange looking glass part. I hope it is really usefull and not just for marketing purposes to impress the customer !

PS2: during my initial tests, I had the impression that I could play DSD Ok with USB but not with the Coax connection !* is it normal or did I configured something wrong ?* Will AES have the same limitation for DSD than Coax ?

Last edited by bmichels; 09-27-2018 at 07:09 PM.