View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 09:52 PM
Keeping it real since '75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
Cool - I wasn’t aware of the HRS isolation bases but they look interesting. I’m assuming you put the amps straight on the bases as they are and didn’t take the stock feet off?

I wasn’t sure with the stillpoints directly on the floor given the suspended floor I have whereby it seems that decoupling from the floor is preferred and stillpoints from my knowledge wouldn’t do this.
I have used the HRS isolation bases in both scenarios; using the stock MC 1.2KW feet and with stillpoints. Stillpoint makes a thread adapter so you can use the stillpoints as a stock feet replacement on the 1.2KW. You can also use stillpoints in the reverse direction, in which case you can attach an ultra base to the stillpoint which gives the bottom a much larger footprint. As I said earlier, this is the route I would go if putting the stillpoint directly on the floor. As far as decoupling from the floor, technically stillpoints and the HRS isolation bases are supposed to accomplish the same thing (as far as I know). Of course using them in combination just adds "more" isolation.