View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 05:36 AM

If the G3s are for demo dolphins ........porpoises.......purposes........If they are loaners then they will not be in the colour of choice. :-)

I also look forward to hearing how they work. Can i suggest trying these speakers with a few different partnering components if there are options available. In my own B1 setup i have just introduced a Nordost Valhalla 2 interconnect into my otherwise Valhalla 1 wired system. Despite hesitating to buy this cable ( for financial reasons, although it was second hand which helped) it does make a significant impact on the character of the sound. I have heard the B1 demoed with Luxman gear and it had that super detailed but not particularly full bodied sound, then with my Valhalla and CJ valve amps it was slightly cold and hard. Introducing the V2 has given the sound a different character again, which is more warm and full bodied. You would almost think its three different speakers.

While i am sure that the OP has enough experience to have this on his radar, its still well worth reminding yourself of this. I have seen the G3 discounted because it was not singing it tune with one particular setup. If you only have one setup then compatibility is critical, if you have options then its worth trying out those options.

PS So, how does Valhalla 2 get on with my system. I like Beth Orton's particular style and i have a copy of her album "Comfort of Strangers" which had a bonus disc of simply recorded tracks, including a version of the title track titled Comfort of Strangers #9. This track always had an immediacy, but the lack of grain and stress in vocals and simple instrumentation makes it an absolute joy for this particular fan, particularly as its my own personal taste in music rather than some special audiophile recording.