View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkinman View Post
The x250.5 came in yesterday and it's a heavy beast...the x350.5 must be impossible to handle without help as it's almost twice as heavy. I know it's not fully broken in yet, but I let it warm up for a couple of hours and listened for a bit. First impressions: incredible dynamics and detail, soundstage is huge with multiple layers. The base is just out of this world...tight but with texture and not just impact. On the down side, there's a bit of an edge right now, which I hope will smooth out with break in. The midrange is a bit more recessed than I like, but I may just have to tweak speaker placement. Any thoughts on what I can expect from breakin would be appreciated.
Congratulations on your new amps! I'm glad you like them. The edge will definitely subside after about 200 hours. Just be patient and keep playing them. The first 200 hours are a bit of a roller coaster ride. You may see a bit of an affect on bass (good, then not so good, then good, then...) as you go through the first 200 hours. If you have a way to play them for 2-8 hours, then off for 2-8 hours, then on for 2-8 hours....you will allow everything to heat up, cool down, heat up, cool down. I believe this helps with the break in of all gear (not just amps).

Congrats again and keep us posted on your progress. Your patience during the break in period WILL be rewarded!