Thread: Dynaudio Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 04:01 PM

I would create a new topic, but unfortunatly i can't yet, so i will post my doubts here.

I own a Special 25 and i intend to move to Floorstand. I begin searching for a new speaker and i recognize that i would need to cange amplification as well for a good system balance (even if i keep the Special 25, i would need to get a better amp).

Then i got to a good deal with a Focus 600xd, but i have some concerns regarding the constrain of having a DAC fixed to speaker. I mean, i wont be abel to update the DAC further on with new technologies. I guess this is the drawnback of having this type of speakers.

So i would like to hear more opinions on that matter. What you have to say about the Focus XD, do you think it will be old tech in a couple of years (2-3 years)?

I plan on using basicaly Tidal with it, and movies, do you think i will be well served for Tidal with it or it is better to invest in a better amplification and source?

I have tested Gryphon Diablo at home, and i would be very happy with it, but with the same money i can switch the speaker to Focus xd, so what would be better, buying a Diablo and staying with Special 25 or go to the Focus 600xd?

Best regards,
Eduardo.