View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 10:56 PM
♫ Now playing... ♫

Dan,
The MC75 is superb. Here's my story - I purchased a pair of MC275s to try with my Tannoy Canterbury GR's. My dealer tried to convince me that the MC75 would be a better match but the beautiful green glow of the MC275s won out. About a month later, he called and said to bring them back and get the MC75s. I took them back but delayed on the MC75s. A couple months later I purchased a pair of MC75s. I thought they handled my big Tannoy's extremely well and actually them better than the MC275s. Another couple months passed and my dealer called to offer me a like new pair of MC2301s. I decided to give them a listen and after two weeks of nonstop listening, hauled them back as well. Not an easy task I might add. The only way I could tell any difference was to crank the volume level about 2 notches above outrageous. Even then, the improvement was just not there in my system considering the price difference. At least to my ears. I also have no desire to listen to music at concert levels just to convince myself of an SQ improvement. The MC75s are the real deal. Regrettably, I sold the MC75s for another toy and still regret it. I shall have another pair soon.

I might add that I still had my MC601s in place while all these tube amps came and went. I still love the MC601s with my Tannoy's and had no desire to part with them even if a pair of the tube amps stayed.

Hope my experience is helpful. Here's a photo of one of my MC75s in my room for you to ponder. I say go for it.

McIntosh MX150, C2300, MC601 (5), MC207, MCD12000, MR88, MPC1500, LB100, MCLK12. Anthem AVM 90. Lumin U1. Bluesound Node. Oppo 205. Bowers & Wilkins 800 D3, CWM8.3D, CCM7.5 S2. SVS SB16-Ultra (4). Shunyata. Wireworld. Transparent. GIK.

Last edited by tweet; 08-29-2019 at 08:02 PM. Reason: sp