Thread: Q7 delivered
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
@No.95 I considered Q5 when I was buying Q3. But never when I was upgrading to Q7. Q5 is a tough load I heard, owners had to keep changing amps and end up with giant solid state. The other speakers that I considered before the Q7 come were.. Nothing. Ok ,long before this the Alexia,Maxx3, Stella Utopia, JBL DD66000, Tannoy Westminster Royal SE, Dynaudio Evidence Platinum, Sonja 1.3 were in my fantasy. But considering that I was happy with Q3 neutrality, I didn't want to take any risk to switch brand. So I went for Q7 straight and direct, no comparison have been made. Toga
I heard similar issues for driving Q5. I have ARC Ref 610t monos and listened to Q5 at a friend's system who also has Ref610t driving q5. Although it sounded marvellous, he told me q5 is hard load and pushes tubes to the limit. I did not listen to q7 yet, it seems easier to drive. Apart from being a harder load, I wonder if q5 is a mini q7 in terms of sonic capabilities or q7 a different beast with different tonality? (Or compared to q3 which you had, are tonality and neutrality similar?). Thank you for your feedback.
Happy Listenings.
Hakan

Last edited by Number95; 10-20-2013 at 06:51 AM.