View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 12:18 AM
Industry Affiliation - Ayre CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphd View Post
My QX-5 hasn't asked to be updated. Roon finds the Oppo 205 but no longer the QX-5. I had not been able to log onto Roon since I clicked on a box labeled MQA several weeks ago -- Tidal claims not to recognize the password no matter how often I reset it, but today Roon came up on the iPad and played, but not in the usual way. It was loud, the preamp didn't seem in control of the volume, and the sound quality was poor. The 205 is connected to the KX-5 Twenty via XLR. Is the QX-5 no longer a Roon preferred player?

db
The Ayre gear is all still preferred players, but requires the latest firmware. Please go to our website, click on Support, and follow the update instructions for the QX-5. When we made the EX-8, we created a new way (for Ayre) to update firmware more automatically through the network instead of relying on USB sticks. To get to that point, you have to do one more update with the USB so it can start looking on the website. That updates the main firmware.

The network upgrade SHOULD be found automatically when you put the player into standby. It will look at the version on the website and then ask if you'd like to update if it doesn't match. That is the firmware Roon needs to recognize the unit as a preferred player. It also happens that there are some sonic improvements with the Ethernet module in this firmware as well, so I think you'll like it.

Best Regards,

Ryan Berry