View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
I’m kinda shocked to read this, regarding loss of dynamics, with Sigma, Tv3, and Typhon. I’m positive Shunyata claims NO loss. I know audioquest claims NO loss. Maybe wishful thinking on my part but I have believed that today’s top shelf conditioners/regenerations did not suffer from choking the power amplifiers. If I lay down the better part of $18k for Tv3/TQR, I want it to power everything, including amps!
I can't make the claim whether dynamics are restricted or not. I don't really think about it like that because I don't know what the dynamics of a recording are supposed to be.

I consider it more like the difference between power cables on a component - some have a greater perception of extension, depth, power, transparency, and yes, dynamics - all subjective to individual listeners. Adding a power conditioner/distributor is going to change things compared to plugging directly into the wall or changing the power cable on the component. That's just how things seem to go in this hobby, and depending how obsessive one is about every little change, it will have a varying level of importance to someone.

So with regard to Shunyata power distributors/conditioners and their power cables, I only started using them when my demo of their products no longer made the music less enjoyable. That happened at the Triton V2 with the Typhon and with the Sigma HC power cable. The first Triton and the power cables before and below the Sigma didn't sound good to me because of my subjective preferences.

But I'm not sure that they sounded better to me because they did or didn't restrict dynamics, per se.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

Last edited by rnrmf1971; 11-05-2018 at 02:41 PM.