View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_v View Post
I’m not convinced by the new claims

I would like to start reading reviews on it.

No plan on replacing my wels
Joey, did you know that Audioquest is as big as Monster Cable? When you read TAS or Stereophile they advertise heavily in these mags.The new Firebirds are on the back cover of the latest TAS, for example. I believe they have a very large R&D budget also. This is quite important IMO. I think the build quality of AQ cables very high also.

I don't pay much attention to reviews. Rather I talk with AQ directly and rely on them for advice. For example, it was their recommendation to go with Redwood over Firebird, even though the Firebird is their latest most advanced cable (other than the new Dragon).

Now if I had an unlimited budget, and were just beginning with my Alexx upgrade, I'd go all Dragon with the Alexx as opposed to Wel Sig cables and Dragon power cords. Then add the new Firebird bass cable. I'd keep the Wolf and Hurricane power cord the same. However, I am totally satisfied with what will eventually be my last cable upgrade for many many years. This is after my new Redwood, Wolf, and HC Hurricane for my sub-woofer system arrives.

I also value a lot folks like yours opinion that actually own their cables more than reviewers'. I wonder how these folks can swap fantastically expensive cables in and out of their systems. Cables that routinely cost significantly more than their other equipment.

Last edited by Charles; 10-25-2018 at 12:18 PM.