View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
Thank you!!!
Ok, well I didn't find out much. I spoke with Wendell Diller, and he knew exactly what I was going to say...he claims he is swamped with questions about where to see it. I asked why he doesn't just post a calendar of events and he says that the dates get changed around too much and it's hard to keep up. He recommends you call your closest dealer and just get on a list to keep up with the demos. Not much help, sorry. He seemed as frustrated as you are, for some reason.

Anyway, I heard them, so did Tony (Antonmb). I was not very impressed. One of the other vendors (it was a dcs/d'agostino/clearaudio/magnepan setup) told me that Magnepan was messing around with the speaker placement up to the last second and he thought it could be better. That said, they did what maggies do well: vocals, strings, horns. Bass was weak and almost embarrassing in my opinion. Definitive's rooms are tough for bass, they are super dampened and have concrete floors. Even the big wilsons don't have the best bass in those rooms. Anyway, the sense of scale was there, they sound big, they are big . And...they are gorgeous, no question. I like the color and the finish quality.

Here are some pics.