View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 07:18 PM

Default Yggdrasil ordered. Goodbye Gumby...

Had a wonderful time with Gumby, such a great DAC! Sad to see it go really but on the other hand a YggY should be taking it's place soon.

Probably would not have upgraded if it wasn't for the itch to spin some of my CDs and XRCDs on a quality transport and when an opportunity presented itself in the form of a Moon 260D transport, well, I just couldn't help it. The AES/EBU output of Moon 260D will feed the AES/EBU input of YggY.

Of course there is a natural curiosity to compare YggY to Gumby but up until this point, Gumby's performance kept that urge on a back burner for me. Well, the wheels were set in motion and Gumby is making its way to the next owner and sometime soon I should have a brand new YggY sitting in my rack.

Not looking forward to 500-600 hrs of break in again, but good things come to those who wait.

In the mean time, I am streaming Roon/Tidal via my Bryston BDP-Pi Roon ready streamer to the USB input/DAC of my Violectric V281 tank of a headphone amp which in turn feeds PrimaLuna integrated with its pre-fader outputs. This setup sounds great by the way so the wait will not be as painful.

The Violectric DAC is something I am hearing for the first time through speakers actually. Sounds very musical and smooooth. I'll give it a more thorough listen over the weekend.

As YggY arrives and gets some break in time, I will post my observations of what differences I found between Gumby and YggY (it will have to be going from memory at this point)

Last edited by PHC1; 02-09-2018 at 07:20 PM.