View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanarSpeakerFan View Post
Hi Tom,

The Ayre/Cardas is a great disc! The folks at Pass Labs recommended it to me. I picked one up the other day. The white noise track is recommended by them to break in their preamps. According to them, it's ok to run this track often to expedite the break-in process. So far, it has appeared to move the process along more quickly for both the K-01 and the XP-30. As for some of the other tracks on the disc, sweeping tones and such, I've been limiting them to once a week maximum, as per the instructions on the disc.

Best,
Ken
Very interesting. Charles Hansen in another forum awhile back recommended the Brown Noise track for breaking in equipment. I think it is Track 4.
2 channel system: Parasound JC 1+ Mono Amplifiers; Luxman C900u preamp; Acoustech PH-1P phono preamp; VPI Classic, Ortofon A90; Esoteric K-03 & Vacuum State GMBH modified Sony ES5400 SACD/CD; REVEL Ultima Salon 2; Shunyata EVEREST, Shunyata Sigma V2 XC, Shunyata Sigma & Alpha, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse Series 7 IC's,Phono Cables are Tellurium Q Silver Diamond, Audience, Lessloss, Acrolink, Teresonic Silver EXP, Tellurium Q Silver Diamond speaker cables; HyperSpike HS-5 rack;Stillpoints Ultra 5 V2 under amps & preamp