View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiraa View Post
This is what I love about this forum. When I have an question I can go back in time and find it. Upgrading from O1 to GE now
Follow up if anyone wondered. The O1 vs. GE are very close.

How I always upgrade speakers is setup one on the left channel and one on the right channel. Then I use my setup to instantly flip back and forth between L and R channels. This process gives me a true A/B test on various tracks.

Where the GE improvements becomes apparent is during very cluttered tracks with lots of going on, guitar strumming, singing, a solid piano.

When everything is going on the GE separate each instrument amazingly well. The size and weight difference is night and day. The GE is built to a crazy standard. I'm still very partial to the O1 but the price differences are noticeable.

But . . . I would say in a small room, maybe a 15% improvement in sound from the GE vs. O1.

If going into a much bigger room the GEs improvements over the O1 would be significant, mostly because the size of the mid section 7" vs. 6" and power handling. It feels like it images better and better the further I get out from them.

It has been a very enjoyable speaker, the detail is great and it's very neutral. I can listen to hours without feeling fatigued. The speakers disappear in the room.