View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 07:30 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhog View Post
Congrats I run a set in my mains and one in my center speaker. Have used many and these are among the best with the proper crossover.

A notch up is also not only the point that they cross over but the components in the cross over, all that said I think as is they are a big step up in your system and again congrats and looking forward to your impressions. Even out of the box they should be so much cleaner
Just installed today. Initial impressions: very fast and transparent. As you predicted they are cleaner than the Esotec+ tweeters, more open, airy, etc. Only a little over two hours in and they've already changed a little in that time. Sounding more fleshed out and natural, but I know there's a phase at about 100-150 hours where they start to sound really bad! But I know to hang in there with them and they'll come good at 300 hours.

Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.